Several programs in Sacramento County offer low-cost, long-term financing to qualified businesses expanding, upgrading existing facilities or relocating their facilities. For information on the various types of financing select from the categories below.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration offers several loan and grant programs to assist small businesses.
- The Capital Region Small Business Development Center provides access to capital and advice on how to prepare a loan application.
- The Grow Sacramento Fund can provide loans to businesses in Sacramento County that have been in operation for three or more years.
- Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD) Program - Offers businesses a variety of options to assist in reducing electricity usage. SMUD offers a loan of up to $10,000 for equipment such as lighting, heating and air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, and process equipment. SMUD’s Retro-commissioning Program sends engineers to businesses to provide a screening of a building for free and offers incentives for any improvements made that that reduce electricity usage. In addition, rebates are offered for energy efficient air conditioning, refrigeration, equipment, food service, lighting and controls, motors and process improvement equipment, and network PC power management software.
- PG&E Electric Utility Rebates and Incentives - Business customers investing in facility equipment, new construction, and energy efficiency measures are eligible for a variety of loans, technical assistance programs, and rebates through regional electric utility providers.