The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors recognizes that certain development projects make a special contribution to the general welfare of our community by providing employment opportunities, supporting government services or enhancing the general economic well-being of the County. The Board of Supervisors further recognizes the need to encourage such development projects by expediting the entitlement process for eligible projects.
In order to qualify for the Fast Track Program, projects must meet certain eligibility requirements. For complete details on the program, download the Fast Track Program PDF.
Some examples of eligible projects include:
- A commercial and/or industrial development project that will create 50 new, permanent, full time jobs; or will result in a capital investment of at least $7 million, including land, buildings, infrastructure (on-site and off-site) and equipment; or will generate at least $10 million in annual taxable sales; or proposes at least 75,000 square feet of building space.
- A residential development project that meets public assistance and low income housing thresholds as defined by the program.
- Renewable Energy Projects and development projects that are zero net energy.
- Manufacturing facilities that develop new clean/green products, recycle waste streams or use 30 percent recycled material in the manufacture of new products.
- Any other development project that is awarded fast track processing by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors.